Real Food Sweet Potato Casserole, No Refined Flour And Sugar
For the base –
3 pounds sweet potatoes (or yams or squash!)
1/3 cup unfiltered apple juice, or freshly pressed apple juice
1/4 cup (or less!) dark maple syrup
1 T real vanilla extract
2 t cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
1/2 t unrefined sea salt
For the crumb topping –
1 cup gluten free oats
1 cup raw walnuts and/or pecans
1/8 t unrefined sea salt
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 t cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 T real vanilla extract
1. Wash sweet potatoes and pierce sweet potatoes with a knife and place in a baking dish in the oven at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.
2. Remove sweet potatoes and allow to cool slightly while you prepare the crumb crust.
3. In a food processor or blender, combing the oats and nuts until a finer ‘meal’ consistency is achieved.
4. Add the oat and nut meal to a bowl and combine with remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. (Taste to ensure your liking 😉 Note that the raw product will be sweeter than the cooked product.) Set aside.
5. Remove the sweet potato skin and add the flesh to a food processor. Process until a puree consistency is reached.
6. Add the remaining ingredients and combine again.
7. Please the sweet potato puree into a a backing dish and add the crumb crust to the top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Roasted Beets With Fresh Ginger Ingredients 6 pounds beets 2 large knobs fresh ginger Unrefined sea salt Avocado Oil (or other neutral tasting oil), can use olive oil 2 fresh lemons Tin foil Instructions 1. Scrub and wash the beets. With a sharp knife, cut off the...
Peppermint Mocha Fudge (No Refined Sugar, Paleo) Ingredients - 2.5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk 1 T instant coffee granules 4 drops peppermint oil or ½ tsp peppermint extract 1-4 T maple syrup 1 t sea salt + more for topping...
Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream (Dairy-Free)Servings1 Ingredients 2 cans full fat coconut milk1/2-3/4 cup organic cane sugar2 tsp vanilla extract1 tsp cinnamon1/2 tsp cloves1/8 tsp salt Instructions 1. Place the coconut milk in the fridge overnight, upside down. 2. Open...